Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week Two- Watching Video Segments

                The two video segments were very informational.  The growth and change in technology over the past couple of years is truly amazing.  I remember back when I was in elementary school and the tremendous growth in technology from then until now is remarkable.  I did not have SMART-boards in my classrooms growing up or watch videos to connect to the world around me to enhance my learning.  The advantages that my students have with all the technology opportunities really add a whole new component to the education they are receiving.  I wish I had all of the resources and technology exploration when I was growing up. 
                I found the strategies and key points in the video very clear and easy to apply to how I am using technology in my classroom and answered some questions that I have been wondering as well as reassured what I have been thinking on ways to integrate technology into all content areas throughout the day.  I agree that it is our role as teachers to incorporate technology all though out the school day which is what I currently practice with my students today. 

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking the same thing about not having this technology growing up. Of course we did not need to work with so much technology as we do today. Do you think we are overloading the technology or is it necessary for students to be successful in life? I know that I student taught with smartboards and document cameras and loved it! I also know that going from that to a district that is still using projectors on carts that I missed the technology!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you mention videos not being part of your elementary school experience. I remember my fourth grade teacher requesting equipment from the A/V department so that we could watch a film strip. Film strips used to come in canisters, and, if we were really lucky, there would be an audio cassette to play along with the film! So, in addition to the film strip, we would also need a projector and cassette player. Our custodian recently found an old overhead projector in the basement of my school and a couple of the teachers didn't know what it was!

    ReplyDelete