Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week Two- Exploring Activities

                When exploring the activities and tools I was able to find many that I have used in my classroom as well as some that I have not used.  As previously posted I have used Animoto, StoryBird, and VoiceThread with my first graders.  Even though I have used these tools I took the time to view others created by teachers that were posted as resources.  I enjoy viewing others work because it sparks new ideas that I would like to complete with my own group!  I began to think how I could incorporate the new ideas into my daily curriculum. 
                While exploring I particularly enjoyed viewing the resources on Lesson Plan Resource Sites for K-12 Teachers.  This site offered a lot of great websites and projects to try that I have not thought to try.  I was very intrigued by the virtual field trips and begin to think that it was a great way to take students on a field trip when there is a tight field trip budget in place.  There was a long list of possibilities provided which was great to see.  The opportunities were endless. I was so excited that I shared the information with the other first grade teacher in my building and we started to talk about our field trip possibilities for the Spring.  I also found the digital storytelling links to be very helpful in exploring new ways to use digital storytelling.  I liked how each component of digital storytelling is broken down and different application and programs that you can find each to use are provided.  The online storybooks and storyboard templates were very useful and I will use when I create my digital storytelling project and when I complete the next one with my students.  The Kindergarten Animoto video was also very cute and I was able to notice connections to the activities that I completed with my students when I taught Kindergarten.   
http://littlebirdtales.com/
Has anyone used LittleBirdTales online?  If so, into which content area/s?  I have explored with this storytelling tool but have not had a chance to use it with my students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment