Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Week 5-Digital Storytelling

This year I have been trying to use digital storytelling more with my first graders.  I completed one at the beginning of the year whole group about our class after each student created their own to share a story about themselves.  This was a great way for students to get to know each other and gain a sense of community in our classroom.  Currently we are working on a writing unit, Author's as Mentors, where students are studying three authors to learn their craft of writing and then are trying to write pieces following the style.  Students have been very eager to write each story and I have been thinking of ways that they can publish their pieces digitally.  After exploring the many possibilities of digital storytelling I have been trying to think of ways that I can publish their final pieces using a digital storytelling tool.  I have used StoryBird before and was thinking maybe LittleBirdTales but I am not really sure.  Any suggestions or ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment