Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 4- Articles

The two article attachments from class 3 triggered me to begin thinking about the use of technology at other grade levels.  For instance, I began to think of how blogging and literacy integration could be utilized at the middle school or high school level since I always find myself thinking about first grade only because that is what I teach.  Does anyone think the same way.. do you only think about the grade you teach rather than the whole range of grade levels?  I started to think about the technology possibilities that I would have available if I taught high school.  I began by thinking back to my own high school years and the technology that was offered.  This was difficult as all I remember for use of technology was the internet on big desktop computers.  Now a days the opportunities are endless.  Many times when I look for SMARTboard program files and other ideas through the internet it is much easier to find resources at the upper levels rather then primary.  Does anyone find the same problems? Just interesting to think.  I know there are many resources out there for the primary grades but I think more work needs to be put into place for more opportunities to utilize.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely gloss over any information that is not k-5. Now that I think about it, it's stupid. I should be knowledgeable about what my students will be exposed to as they progress.

    ReplyDelete