Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Literacy Project

My literacy project is underway and almost complete.  I have one student left to record and then I will have it up to share.  I brought together a Science unit and Literacy unit through this project.  Students were working on animal research projects, where they chose an animal, conducted research by exploring the internet and reading books, and then shared their learning though a VoiceThread.  I focused on reading skills, fluency when recording and comprehension when reading research and in science focused on animal habitats and adaptions, just to name a few.  I have used VoiceThread before and struggled a little with getting my students to speak clearly but I am hoping this time, since they have grown as reader and in their vocabulary, they will be able to present their information successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment