Thursday, April 19, 2012

Digital Story Project


 This digital story fits into my district first grade reading curriculum where we study nonfiction stories for content and exploration of their difference from fiction stories.  This story also fits well in our non-fiction writing unit where students explore, read, and then write their own non-fiction books on a topic of their choice.  
      I have shown my students this story when beginning and have asked my students input along the way to completion.  I will use this project numerous time to enhance student learning of nonfiction books.  This enhances the curriculum because rather than always having students read nonfiction books from the classroom or school library I now have a digital story to share.  I am also hoping that students will use and view this not only in whole group setting to enhance my reading and writing lessons but also during center time when in the i-pad center exploring and reading digital books.   I will also use this to spark students interest to creating their own digital story rather than 'paper' copy of their story for their nonfiction writing piece.  I would like to use this as a guide to exploring other digital story tools, not only in writing but all content areas, to spark student interest on trying some on their own.  My hope is that students will take the initiative to completing one on their own, of course with my guidance!  





Dalmatians







2 comments:

  1. I think I fixed it now. Sorry about that! Let me know if you still can not view.

    ReplyDelete